Photograph (no date) showing the railway and carriages at the goods yard, East-the-Water. The second photo is from the 1930’s showing two ship hulks and a bus going up the Old Barnstaple Road with the railway line showing alongside. The Railway from Barnstaple to East-the-Water was opened in November 1855 with a station, quay and large goods depot where the Ethelwynne Brown estate is now. For more information see
http://eastthewater.co.uk/History/History_East-the-Water_7.html

photographs courtesy of Bideford library archive.